Who are we?
We are Vineyard Groningen, an international church from Groningen, The Netherlands. In order to achieve our vision to: ‘build an international community of disciples of Jesus, with a passion to worship God, who care for one another and bring God’s love into a broken world,’ we process some of your personal data. In accordance with “GDPR” we describe how we process your personal data and your rights regarding that data in the statement below.
How do we process your personal data?
Vineyard Groningen maintains a register of members with names, dates of birth and contact information. For guests and affiliates, we maintain a register with names and email addresses. Personal data can be used for the following:
- To inform you about news, events, activities and services running at our church
- To allow other members and adherents of the church to contact you
- For fundraising purposes
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of personal gifts)
- To assist Ministry Leaders in their task of serving in their ministry.
Vineyard Groningen complies with its obligations under “GDPR” by storing, processing and destroying this information securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church as far as there is a need to carry out a service to other church members, or for purposes connected with the church.
We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your consent.
Third Party Data Processors
For some of the data we rely on third party data processors in order to manage your personal data. These include:
- Google Drive
- Google Mail
- Google Analytics
- Google Workspace
- AFAS Personal
In accordance with GDPR, we have signed Data Processing Agreements with these parties as a church.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which Vineyard Groningen holds on you.
- The right to request that Vineyard Groningen corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is removed from our records if it is no longer necessary for Vineyard Groningen to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the board.
If you have notified us that you are no longer visiting our community, or in case you have left the country, we will remove your data within a period of 5 years.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this statement, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing, as well as setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
In case of questions about the use of your data, queries or complaints, or in case you want to revoke your consent for your data to be used, you can contact the board at email@example.com.
9721 LX Groningen